From 1557 Samokov became the center of the diocese and the seat of the Archbishop. In 1791 came the permit for construction of the church. The royal decree obliging a requirement not to put bells on the church tower. In 1793 is launching a renovation of the Metropolitan Church for this purpose from Mount Athos is provided and is driven carved iconostasis. Nowadays, the church of the Assumption Church is operative and has the opportunity for visitors daily from 8 to 12 o'clock. During the holiday worship services are performed.
Temple Virgin Birth - Belyova Church
It is the oldest church in the town of Samokov. It was built on the foundations of a late antique building from IV-VI century. Legend connects Belyova Church with the local nobleman Bello, began construction. Later in the area emerge and buildings of the city. Initially, the construction of the church was without windows, because the Turks.
Always during Belyova church organized large gatherings of Easter and the Virgin Birth. Since 2002, the feast of the city, which honors Saint Simeon Samokov is organized festival in the courtyard of Belyova church.
During the XVIII-XIX century in Samokov towering minarets of four large and eight small mosques, but at the same time in the city center measures the time clock tower that gives European atmosphere in the city. The only mosque preserved today in Samokov is Bairakli mosque, which is located in the center of the Samokov. The mosque was built and painted by masters from Samokov - builders and painters. Restored after the liberation from Ottoman rule and is now a museum.
Sarafska house - the House of Arie
Sarafska house is tied to the history and fate of the Jewish family Arie, who came from Vienna in 1793 and settled in Samokov, opening several commercial banks. Described in the chronicle family history of Arie is the story of people's lives in Samokov in the nineteenth century when people in the city live in several neighborhoods Bulgarians, Turks, Jews, Gypsies. The place becomes attractive for immigrants and mostly different crafts - pottery, goat's hair, blacksmiths, coppersmiths, goldsmiths, antique, leather and others.
Sarafska House is currently open as a museum, but against it is the Synagogue, which needs restoration.
The museum is open on weekdays from 9 to 12 o'clock and from 13 to 17 o'clock.